Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Doors.

Did you ever feel that something magnificent and much larger than you was awaiting?  It's kind of how I feel right now even though there is no concrete evidence.  I trust the body and what it delivers to me.  It's a large part of who I have become, where I came from and where I am now.  Trust.  It's a tricky little word. Very much so. My son has it tatooed on his wrist and now wants it removed.  Not that he devalues trust.  My take is that trust is most likely one of the top ten "loaded" words in our language.  Another post perhaps.

My life is complex and diverse and it serves me well.  I have been an avid "journaler" for over 35 years.  It is now in vogue.  Back in the day, it was only a documentation of feelings, events and processing both of them. It's still the same today, but now it is accompanied by lots of glitzy and artistic elements.  Nothing wrong with that.  Anything that engages folks in putting their thoughts in text gets my vote.

I am a calligrapher and lettering artist.  Here's a piece I did a few years ago that I kinda prize since it was dedicated to a very special person. You may recognize the song lyrics from the 90's and recently covered by Anthony David.

I'm also a bookbinder.  Recently big time. I just completed my goal of "50-completed-books-by-the-year-end.  If you'd like to peek, you can access the photos at my flickr account.  Visit
www.veronicaphillips.com and it should link you there. This is my amazing bookcase (two stacked on top of each other) that I found on craigslist for $5 each.  I had to put them somewhere and was running out of room.


But man does not live by art alone, so I do have other interests which include the fascinating study of yoga, ayurveda, spirituality, and books of all kinds.  I am a huge fan of excerise, juicing, eating healthy, music (several genres) and work in general.

I look forward to this new venture, online posting of my journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment